CUSCO - HYDROELECTRIC - AGUAS CALIENTES
- Between 7:00 and 8:00 am - We pick you up from your hotel.
- We start with a pleasant and picturesque walk towards Ollantaytambo, where we will enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the area and rest for 30 minutes approx.
- We continue towards the highest part of this road called "Abra Málaga" (4,316 masl). From there we will see some of the most impressive landscapes that Peru offers.
- After a brief stop, we will begin the descent towards the thick jungle, passing through the different micro - climates that combine paradisiacal landscapes of the majestic snow - covered peaks with the entrance to the tropical jungle.
- We continue along a paved road in perfect condition passing through the town of Alfamayo, until we reach Santa María (1,575 masl) where we will take a short break and then continue to the town of Santa Teresa, where a delicious lunch will be waiting for us.
- Around 3:45 p.m. - We return to the route in the direction of the train station, at the Hydroelectric Plant, from where we will start a 2.5 hour hike. until arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes.
- We will take you to the designated accommodation.
- Optional: If we still have time, we can go to take a relaxing bath in the thermo healing waters of the town.
- 8:00 pm - Time to enjoy a delicious dinner together with the guide (ask your questions and coordinates for the itinerary the next day).
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes.